Tuesday, December 8, 2009

T minus 48 hours

Today is Tuesday and we are schedule to go to the hospital around 8:30pm tomorrow night. I am guessing/forecasting that they will just try to open things up overnight and then will start hoping to induce contractions later on Thursday. So that means we could have a baby within 3 days! Kind of crazy to tell you the truth - I have been counting down to the full term mark for a little while now - my goals for months has just been to get to full term - but it is still a lot to digest.

My mom came over yesterday to keep me company. We dropped off the alphabet print Cathy gave me at the framers and then swung by the post office for more stamps (for baby announcement/holiday card) and then had lunch at Stonehearth. It was really nice just to hang out and chat the whole time. My mom and dad are headed over now and should be here any minute. They were going to bring Brendan and Erin, but Matthew was up sick all last night so they did not want to take a chance in spreading germs. I think my Dad will come over tomorrow to keep me company during the day.

I did not sleep that well last night - I fell asleep well after 9pm - maybe 10pm, woke up a few times during the night and then was up for the day at 5am. I could really use a nap, but I just don't think it will be happening at this rate. If my parents are here from 2-4:30pm and then Geoff comes homes at 5:30pm to drive me to my massage from 6:15-7:15pm. So right now I am just planning on going straight to bed after my massage tonight.

I talked to Alex today for a while - that was really great. It is so nice to be able to connect and for the mental support. I am really trying to keep a positive outlook, but it is tough to do all the time. I am def. feeling better (in the last few days) regarding how things have turned out, but it is still hard to shake the concern that because of all the medical interventions to induce labor, my chance of a c-section is significantly elevated. I am need to focus on taking things one step at a time and being open to whatever happens.

I finished Lawrence of Arabia this afternoon - it took me almost a week to watch the entire movie but I did. It is a really great movie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment