Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Almost 2 weeks in



So I started a post yesterday or the day before and I closed my web browser by accident and lost my work - I think the auto "save now" did not kick in.

Anyways since my last post we had our first pediatrician appt. on Friday morning. The Dr. said he was doing great and was very happy with his weight gain. He weighed 6 pounds and 6 ounces which was pretty much his birth weight. He also measured 20 inches (he was 18.5 in the hospital bcs his legs were scrunched up).

Friday afternoon Geoff's parents dropped in and gave us some news. I will talk more about that in later posts once things have settled down a bit.

I had my first glass of red wine on Thursday or Friday night and I have to say it was amazing! I only had half of a small glass, but still it was heaven.

Saturday Jeremy & Amanda, and Colin and Jenn came over to meet Samuel. It was really great to see them and have adult conversation :) After that we went to Geoff's parents for dinner with the whole family. It was kind of a late night (out till 10pm) so that was a pretty big day for us.

Sunday we got dumped on with a foot of snow. Our neighbor Al was really sweet and snow blowed our driveway for us :) We pretty much stayed in the whole day bcs traveling was not an option.

Monday (yesterday) my Mom came over around 11am and brought diapers with her and a shirt box that I needed for gift wrapping :) After that Meghan, Cade and my Dad came over to see Samuel. They left around 1pm and then my Mom took me to my 2pm mid wife appt. at MGH. We brought Samuel in for the ride. The midwife said everything with me looked good and she took off the steri strips from my incision. She also mentioned that I may feel a bit tired from recovering from the preeclampsia. My blood pressure was fine (125/88) so they were okay with that. I was not thrilled with the 88, but if they are okay then I am okay ;) After that my Mom took me to Babies r Us to pick up diapers and feeding items, and then after that we swung by the post office to drop off my bundles of baby announcement/holiday cards and thank you notes. We got home around 5pm and I was exhausted!

Geoff came home around 6:30pm and I threw in some Trader Joes madarin chicken for dinner. That and a salad and I called it a night. Samuel has been doing really well and eating well, but he seems to be having issues with effectively sucking when nursing. I noticed my milk supply going down a few days ago so I started to pump to keep up the levels. So now we are back to having quite a production for feeding: first I nurse him on both sides, then we give him a bottle of breast milk or formula (depending on the time of day and what is available in the fridge); then I pump for 15 minutes to keep up my supply. All in (with diaper changes, burps, warming and washing) it takes about an hour and a half for each feed. I am hoping he will grow out of this soon, but I scheduled an appt. with the lactation consultant at Isis for Thursday (in 2 days).

Tomorrow I also schedule a manicure and pedicure for myself! Geoff was really sweet yesterday and texted me that on Wed. (tomorrow) he would take over for a few feedings so I could "take the care and bugger off for a while and do something" for me :) That was so very thoughtful of him - I really appreciated it! So I am booked at Skintelligent in Belmont from 11-12 tomorrow. The last time I was there (in June before Jeremy & Amanda's wedding) the woman who did my nails said "are you expecting?" Seeing as I was only 10 weeks then - she was the first stranger/person to ask me that at that point.

Okay - I must run to start up the next round of feeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment