Thursday, December 31, 2009

3 Weeks, 8.0 pounds and a happy New Year!

So today marks Samuel's third week with us. I weighed him this morning and he weighed exactly 8 pounds and 0 ounces :) That means that he has added 25% of his original body weight to his mass - in the last 2 weeks (bcs he was at his original weight one week after birth. after having lost some weight in the hospital).

I am trying to be better about taking photos of Samuel because he is changing so quickly. I also just figured out how to add photos to my post (it was really super simple ;) so I will try to go back and add photos to my blog posts to keep things current and also enhance the blog to be more of a record as I had intended.

Tonight is New years eve and Geoff and I are staying home with Samuel and have ordered Chinese take-out and have a bottle of champagne in the fridge. The champagne was a gift from Jordan for our 30th b-day so I am very excited to tuck into that and a bottle of of favorite chianti tonight :) This is also going to mark my first night of "pumping and dumping" so Samuel will have more formula than normal tomorrow but we will be back to normal the following day.

We ordered chinese from Fusion Taste in Arlington. Jon and Christina highly recommended them so I picked up a menu when I was getting them a GC there for X-mas and I am really excited to try them. I just had a bite of their scallion pancake and think the rest will be just as terrific. It is really critical to find a chinese food place when you move into a new neighborhood. We have a thai place, a BBQ place, a pizza/chicken fingers place (on the unhealthy side), and my favorite place in Belmont for healthier pizza and the like.

It snowed a good amount today - Geoff was let out of work early and then came home and shoveled the driveway and sidewalks. He also shoveled our neighbor Al's driveway as well - which I thought was really sweet of him.

Well I am going to pump for one last time before I start to to dump it from there on out. Basically as soon as I finish then I can tuck into that delicious glass of red wine and start celebrating the new year.

A note of quick reflection - I cannot believe how much has changed in the life over the past year. 2008 was an incredibly challenging year for us and 2009 deemed to be a much kinder and wonderful year for us :) I am really excited for 2010 and enjoying all the "firsts" with Samuel.

1 comment: