Wednesday, December 9, 2009

D - Day (not delivery - more Driving to hospital ;)




So today is the big day - we are checking into the hospital tonight. It is kind of funny - I have been thinking today like " what do I want for my last breakfast?" before the the baby is here. It is just really kind of odd to think that after we leave tonight the next time we come home we will have our baby!

We had a good amount of snow this morning and Geoff needed to shovel the drive and sidewalks before he left for work - oh the joys of home ownership ;) My Dad came over today and brought me Kane's donuts - yum. Reading my breast feeding book I found out you can rent hospital grade(ish) scale so I called Isis and they are having one sent from the Needham store to Arlington so I can pick it up this afternoon after 3pm. I figure the $10/week fee to rent one is well worth the peace of mind and knowing how he is progressing with feeding. Weight seems like the main barometer they monitor baby's health in the beginning so I am renting it for 4 weeks and then can extend if I like.

My Dad and I are now watching the "Happiest Baby on the Block" DVD as a refresher for me. I also finished reading the breast feeding book up to the first month. I will bring the book to the hospital as well but I am just trying to keep my mind engaged so I feel like I have a better sense of what to expect.

Here is my schedule for the day, basically my mental countdown until we head out the door:

o 1:30 – 2 lunch
o 3 – 4 Isis pick up scale
o 4 – 5 Shower
o 5 – 6 Pack remainder items
o Boppi pillow; body pillow; laptop and iPhone
o 6 – 6:30 Make dinner
o Let Mum know Geoff is home
o Dinner 7 – 7:30
o 7:30 To hospital
o 8:30 Hospital


I slept well last night (well better than the past few nights) so I feel really good today. I am still going to try to squeeze in a nap this afternoon bcs I want to be as rested as possible before we head in. I really do not expect to get any sleep tonight - fitful at best.

1 comment:

  1. Hey you guys! Alex's mom here- she says he's arrived and you are both well! Congratulations!! What, no iPhone photos??

    ReplyDelete