Sunday, January 17, 2010

Jump for my love






So some good news and some not so great news. First the good news - Alex had her baby!!!! Westley Alexander Houston was born just after 1:00am on Friday morning - he is absolutely adorable and Alex is doing really well :) I am so excited for Sam to have a new buddy to play with and to be an unofficial Auntie to little Westley. I just love his name!

So the not-so-great news is that Sam has been pretty unhappy these last couple of days - I think since Thursday to be exact. He was just really fussy and was crying a lot, especially after he ate. I took him to the pediatrician on Friday morning and they said he has acid reflux (or is more sensitive to it than other babies) so they prescribed some medicine to help make him more comfortable. Funny thing is he was really good on Friday, but then really fussy again on Saturday. I think it may be more of a phase kind of thing, but we want to make sure that he is not so unhappy that he does not gain weight or have some rest to take just hang out and absorb things.
Yesterday I had a dentist appt. in Brookline for a cavity on my back left molar - funny, having a fussy baby at home made going to the dentist a bit more enjoyable ;) After that I picked up more baby thank you notes at Paper Source and then stocked up on wine from Trader Joes. There are only a few TJs that stock wine so whenever I am close to one I have to seize the opportunity. After that I picked up a few things at Whole Foods and then stopped in Belmont to see Geoff's Mum and have a cup of teat with her. She started her treatments this week and is doing really well, all things considered :)

Today I need to work on a project for work - basically defining website "success" for each of our communication initiatives. It is trying to marry the data from our bulk email software and web analytics tool and come up with some tangible goals other than web traffic and time spent on a page. I really need to get things beyond time spent on page and bounce rates or entrance points and get the focus on the "so what?"

The first 2 photos above are from Sam's first walk with me in his stroller on Friday afternoon. The bottom photo is of him before we went out for our first walk around the neighborhood as a little family. As you can tell from the blurred shot he was crying at the onset, but he quieted down and fell asleep less than a block away from the house. It is really nice to be able to get out and get some fresh air with him. I am hoping there are a few days above freezing this week so we can get out again.

Oh back to the title of the post - we have found that dancing with Sam around the living room is one effective tactic to quiet him down. So we are learning what his favorite songs are :) It is rather funny when you find yourself dancing to "Jump for my Love" by the Pointer Sisters at 8am on a Sunday morning ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment