Friday, January 22, 2010

6 Weeks Deep




Yesterday was Sam's 6 week B-day and today was my 6 week appointment with my mid-wife.

Everything was great at my appointment - I am kind of sad not be able to see my mid-wife for a while (well over a year probably :) she was really, really incredible and a just perfect fit for us. She told me I was doing all the right things and gave me a big hug before we left :) That is always so wonderful to hear when people tell you are doing a good job. Seeing as this is my first child and I have pretty my no idea what to do - except figure it out on the fly ;) I also think that kids can smell fear (like animals ;) so if he knows that I am uptight or upset then he will be to. So I just try to fake him out and act all confident, like I actually know what I am doing - heck it has worked for me during my career - why not with childcare?

After my appt. we swung by Saugus to say hi to my Dad. He was just coming back from Colleen's and picking up one of the boys from school. Sam did not fuss at all which was really a relief - I think he is doing better. He usually does not cry all day (minus the "I just woke up and am hungry" cries). I think he is settling into our routine and schedule. Granted my entire routine and schedule is catering to him, but whatever reduces the amount of tears makes me happy. We aim for "no cry days" - minus the above-mentioned wake-up ones. So much so I have preemptive bottles warmed and ready for him as much as possible.

We do not have much planned this weekend. We may see Colleen and her family on Sunday bcs Ricky and Matthew have not met Sam yet. Ricky was baby sitting when Colleen visited me in the hospital and the kids were not allowed to visit bcs of flu precautions. I know Matthew will get a kick out of him, he is such a smart little guy - he was very sweet with Erin when she came home from the hospital :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear he is settling Kelley. Cute picture! BTW - most of us are winging it - even when our kids are in their 30s. :)

    ReplyDelete