Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bath - take two





Colleen, Brendan and Erin visited yesterday for most of the day - it was really fun to see them an hang out. Colleen brought us lunch and dinner - really fantastic of her! :)

After they left I successfully attempted to give Sam the third bath of his life. The first was in the hospital, the second one was at home and he cried the entire time - so much so I did not even want to waste time with a photo bcs I just wanted to give him a cuddle to stop crying. He was very well behaved for his bath yesterday - I would not go so far to say he enjoyed it (as you can tell from the expression on his face in the photos) but he was not wailing crying :)

Besides the fact that I was up pretty much the entire night with him the night before last we had a really good day yesterday. We have no switched him to lactose free formula to see how he does on that. If he is not happy with that then we will go for the soy, but that is more of a last resort bcs the milk-based formulas are better for him.

Last night he would not go down to sleep without me holding him, so I spent a good portion of the night just holding him in bed. Not the best sleep in the world for me, but he was happy and at this point I am getting used to "functioning" on spotty sleep. I did take a nap of sorts yesterday afternoon - I think one of the first since he was born. It felt good :)

Also of mention, yesterday was the first time that he vomited. HE usually just has a little spit up, but after consuming 7 ounces of formula in less than 3 hours - the little guy (and his stomach) found their limit and it all came back to visit us.

He is starting to stir in his little chair so I should run before he fusses. I can now put him in his chair on the table and I have my laptop on the table next to him. I also have a playlist set up for him on my Itunes so we are building a list of his favorites songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment