Tuesday, June 30, 2009

This baby may have a house!

So great news (hopefully!) We put in our offer yesterday for the house (almost $30k under the asking), and they quickly counter offered ($4k under the asking). We then countered this morning with $19k under the asking and then we said we would meet them halfway, but that would be our final offer bcs we did not want to go higher than $14k under the asking. And the good news is that they accepted!! I left work early today (feeling very tired) so Ann called with the good news when Geoff was in the shower :)

We went down to Ann's office at 6pm to sign the revised paper work and then Ann was going to drop off the paperwork to have the seller sign them tonight. Then on to the home inspection, P&S, mortgage details, and then we should be able to move in by the end of August!! Perfect timing really, I will be 22 weeks pregnant then and I really wanted to be in someplace by September so we would have Sept., Oct., Nov. to settle in and get ready for the baby. I really want to have everything "done" by the beginning of December so I can just relax, enjoy what sleep I can, and just take it easy before the baby arrives.

Geoff's parents offered to take us out to dinner tonight to celebrate - I think we are going to the Border Cafe in Burlington :) I have to go pack my lunch for the morning bcs it may be a late night for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment