Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Trying to stay positive

So I am feeling much better now, after kind of a crappy afternoon.

So I met with my HR person today to talk about time off and paid leave and they have a pretty "lean" (I am trying not to say crappy here) policy that gives a new mom 2 weeks off (paid full) and then about 4 weeks of at 60% pay (minus deductions like health insurance, FSA, etc.).

After that meeting I stayed at work late punching the numbers in and figured out my 2010 paycheck amount at 100%, 60%, and 20% and then dropped those numbers into my budget when I got home. Geoff cooked me an amazing dinner tonight as well which was really sweet bcs at first I had said I did not want dinner bcs I was kind of upset and just wanted to work on the excel file to make our finances work.

In the end it looked like once the baby was in day care that we would be running a $1k deficit each month. That kind of did not make sense bcs day care would cost $2.5k/month and Geoff would be bringing in $3k/month. So we played with the numbers again and assuming that Jon and Christina would pay Geoff $1k per month to watch their baby then we can afford to have Geoff stay home and be daddy-daycare for the two babies :) We have not really talked to Jon & Christina about this but I hope they will be game. Geoff is way more dependable than a Nanny and would be cheaper as well.

Well I am going to go and read the books I just got in the mail from Amazon.com - I got Baby Bargains (which will come in handy looking at our new budget ;); Perfect Hormone Balence for Pregnancy by Dr. Greene; and Happy Baby, Healthy Mom which is a pregancy journal by Dr. Greene as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment