Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A swiney Dad



Let's see since my last post not much has happened with the nursery. Geoff attacked the wallpaper for 5 hours on Sunday (doing at 1/4 of it) and has not had a chance to go back to it since. Last weekend we had our Doula appt. from 9:30 - 1:00pm on Saturday and then we went to dinner in Belmont on Saturday night bcs Justin and Kristal were visiting. Justin completed the NY marathon so after that they decided to sing up here to say hello :) Sunday I had Erin's baby shower in Lowell - that was really fun. It was easy to get to (minus navigating downtown Lowell) and her friend Taylor did a really great job with everything. Hillary and Emily were there and I also go to meet Emily's mom and sister who were really fun. Hillary is due in about 2 weeks with a little boy so she could have him any day. Also, Katie Sano had her little girl Leighton a few days ago - she looked really cute in the photos I saw on Facebook. Christina and Jon are still waiting for their baby to arrive - I think she has been having contractions for almost 2 weeks now so I think they are anxious to get things moving along. I went to lunch with Mum, Christina and Stacy Bell on Monday (when I was working remotely). It was really great to see everyone and just catch up. When I was out to lunch on Monday Geoff came down with the swine flu (H1N1) - his temperature got up close to 104 which was a little scary. So I made an emergency trip to CVS, called my mom and have been taking care of him since. I am so incredibly thankful that I was able to get the vaccine about 12 days ago. It takes your body a week to 10 days to build immunity and Geoff came down with the flu exactly 10 days after my shot. I am still trying to keep a distance and stay well, but I guess at this point I am bound to get it if that is in the cards. You just can't live and take care of someone without being exposed.

So yesterday I stayed home to take care of Geoff and did some errands in the morning (bank and dry cleaning) then FINALLY finished up my B-day thank you notes and also the other thank you notes I needed to write for house warming gifts. I also raked a ton of leaves in the backyard. We are up to over 20 bags right now - and I have done the majority of them. I am not complaining - more so that I have never raked so many leaves in my life! I ran out of bags so I need to go to Stop & Shop today to pick some more up - I may get a bird feeder while I am there :)

Today is Veteran's day so I have that off already. Besides the leaf bags, Aaron and Megan are coming over to pick up boxes for their move. After that I want to work on the baby shower thank you notes I am designing and then I have a hair cut and color around 2:30pm. After that I have a breast feeding class at Isis from 6-9pm. I have no idea how I am going to stay awake till 9pm - I am in bed around 7:30pm these days.

Friday afternoon is my baby shower at work and then Sunday is my baby shower. I am looking forward to both. On the work front, the company laid off over 100 people on Monday when I was working remotely. Mike was really nice and called me to let me know. I feel so bad though for everyone who was let go - especially with the "jobless recovery" and the holidays coming up shortly. Speaking of which I need to email my family to get X-mas ideas from them - I want to get all our Christmas shopping done early this year bcs I only want to have to wrap gifts come December.

Well I am off to start the (holi)day!

1 comment:

  1. Crud. how did I JUST stumble on this now?! Hugs to Geoff- Bill has a cold, and that sucks, so I can't imagine swine... Can't wait to follow and get "daily" updates- what fun!

    ReplyDelete