Monday, November 23, 2009

Easy street for me

So I had my appt. with my mid-wife today and after waiting 45 minutes in the waiting room - it is decided that my blood pressure is on the high side and there was protein in my urine. That and I gained 8 pounds in the 3 weeks. Great. So I had some blood work done to check on my liver and kidneys and tomorrow I have to do a 24 hour urine test to test the protein levels. My ankles have been swollen for about a week so it looks like I am retaining a significant amount of fluid. They also booked an ultrasound to make sure the baby is growing normally. The positives being that I am measuring perfectly and that the baby is head down. Also, he has been kicking and active so that is a good sign.

So I will need to work remotely tomorrow so I can collect all my pee and put it in the big orange jug. I also canceled the breast feeding class at Isis bcs they want me to take it easy (I would have to take bus to train to get to Pru for class) and I certainly do not want to have to carry my orange jug on the bus and train with me and also to class. Kind of silly, I always half-joked to Geoff that I wish they would tell me to be on bed rest, but now they want me to take it easy and work remotely and I really do not like the feeling of it. I know that most of this is precautionary but it is still really scary, especially when they ask you questions like "do you have headaches, are you seeing lights or spots, do you have pain..."

This is really the first thing to pop up in my pregnancy to date. I wonder if it is my bodies way of saying that it has had enough of this pregnancy thing. I should also call my Mom to see what she says - she usually makes me feel better. So my mom told me to take it easy and not try to worry. Geoff is heating up dinner now so I should be running - he got his 4th qualified lead today (out of 5) he is so close to getting to his goal - I am so happy for him. I also ordered an Edible Arrangement for the President of his company today to thank them for the crib they gave us - I felt so great after doing so - gift giving is the best :)

1 comment:

  1. Yipes- keep me posted.. enjoy your relaxing day as best you can, im sure you will worry a bit too much to really anjoy the down time... and trust me, its not all that its cracked up to be anyhow... hope all is well after further testing

    ReplyDelete