Saturday, July 25, 2009

Budgeting

Today (on this lovely 80 degree and sunny afternoon) I am working on our budget for the next year. We now have estimate on the house

Actually a quick catch up over the past 2 weeks - we stayed home for the weekend of the 11/12 and I think we just got things done. Geoff started work on 7/13 and had a really long week. He loves his new job but it is tough work. That Friday, 7/17 we signed the final P&S. I had to pick up all the mortgage and house stuff from Geoff bcs he was so busy with work. So we go it signed (Jon dropped of his and Christina's deposit at the same time ;) and then headed to the lake with Jordan and the 3 cats. Saturday was rainy in the morning but then turned out to be a nice day. I dropped by Cyrstal Lake to see Colleen and pick up the bin of maternity clothes she had for me. That was really super sweet of her and I honestly have no idea how she packed so much into one bin ;) Sunday we mostly tidied the house and spent a few hours looking for Lily, who ended up hiding in the tub of Geoff's parents bedroom. She basicaly opened the door and then hid under the tub where the pipes were exposed from the work they are having done there (from the frozen pipes that Geoff and I caused over the winter).

Mum & Dad came home on Monday night from their UK trip (wedding, Sicily, wedding) an then Christina came home on Tuesday night from seeing her family. I forget what we did Wed. night but Thursday night Geoff and I went to Stonehearth Pizza for dinner and then last night J&C and Jeannie and Mike came over for take-out Indian food.

Today we have the Red Sox game tonight and then I am headed to Maine (have to be in Saugus at 10am) tomorrow with Kevin till Tuesday afternoon/night. I am kind of bummed Geoff cannot make it, but understand how he does not want to take the time from work.

Okay so now back the budget - I am trying to figure out how we are going to be able to pay for everything we need over the next year. The house and baby are just huge expenses (not a surprise here) but Geoff's salary is still quite low and even a bit lower than we expected. Oh well - I will nto feel right until I have the numbers in place so I am going to focus back on that.

Oh very exciting news - I felt the baby kick for the first time last night after dinner. So that was about 17 and 1/2 weeks. We were lying in bed watching Tudors and I distinctly felt it :) It felt so very wonderful and I am just enamored with having my own little buddy inside me along for the ride. I am still around 152 pounds but I just don't trust that scale any more.

We have 2 more weeks until the bug scan and I think Geoff and I will try to save the gender results to open them on our anniversary. It will just be a weekend and a few days, and our anniversary is exactly at my half-way point. That will be our third anniversary and the best guft to eachother. I madfe reservations for us at Chez Henri in Cambridge. I have to say that I love that our anniversary falls on resteraunt week so we can try these fancy places at affordable prices :)

No comments:

Post a Comment