Saturday, October 24, 2009

Relaxing (yet mildly productive) Saturday (30


Last week Wed. we hit the 30 week mark :) I cannot believe we could have our baby home in 8 weeks :) I am so excite dot meet him and see the face behind all the kicks and squirms.

We had a pretty quiet week, Geoff was on the mend from feeling sick and we both ended up taking Monday off (his for a sick day and me bcs I did not get any sleep on Sunday night. Mum came home from England on Thursday (Geoff dropped in after her flight came in) and then we had Indian take-out in Belmont last night (Friday). Christina's friend flew in from England to surprise her for her shower - it was really sweet. Chris picked her up from the airport so Christina was completely surprised. Geoff and I left after dinner bcs he was very tired.

Today I was up early (again - 7am) and then worked on our budget until 9am when I went to Trader Joes. I realized at the check-out that I have left my purse at home so I had to have them hold on to my cart while I ran home (got Geoff as a bonus - in his slippers ;) got my wallet and went back to pay.

Today has been rainy and gray so it was the perfect day for Geoff to sleep in and get his room set up in the basement. I helped out a little - but he requested that I make pizza so I was happy to make that for lunch and take a break. I am on the fourth load of laundry and still need to do towels and sheets tomorrow. Tomorrow is Christina's baby shower from 12-3pm. It will be great to see her mom and celebrate with everyone. I am planning on wearing black boots and then the black and plaid dress I bought last weekend at the outlets with Lauren and Sarah Niven. It was only $35 but I think it will look good for tomorrow. I need to find something to wear to my own shower and am thinking of returning the down coat to buy a dress for myself.

So tomorrow should be fun - I had a relaxing day so far and watched a movie in bed as well. I am trying to relax and take it easier these days. Also, there is a yard sale tomorrow that is selling a glider - it starts at 11am so I hope Geoff (and/or I) can swing in first thing and see it. I want a glider for the house so I would be excited to get one fo' cheap. Geoff could then bring the chair we bought from the previous owners to his room so he has some place comfortable to sit.

Also, I forgot to mention that Geoff assembled the baby's crib on Monday when we were both at home :) Now we just need to get the room tidy and organized before the baby showers in mid-November. I wish we could do something about that wall paper, but there are other more pressing things to get done and not a lot of time or energy to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment