Friday, March 9, 2012

Waiting for baby

I am now at the end of my second week being off of work, waiting for baby.  I have been doing little projects around the house, online shopping, and lots of little errands here and there.  That and I am going for a walk almost everyday and also napping or laying down for an hour or so each afternoon.  So I am filling my days and taking it easy, but it can be a little boring for me.  I am happy that I decided to stop working a few weeks back, but I am a bit surprised that she did not come on the earlier side.  I had a Dr. appt on Monday afternoon and everything still looks great, my blood pressure is perfect (120/70), my belly is measuring perfectly, I have no swelling, and I am feeling overall really well.  I think the only downside to it all is that she is still inside ;)  I have another Dr. appt. on Monday afternoon and Geoff is going to try to come with me - he has a lunch meeting or the like, so he has to scramble a bit, but it will be nice to have him there.  At  my last appt. the mid-wife broached the topic that if I go to 41 weeks we would need to have a c-section plan in place - so not what I wanted to hear.  She said that if I go that far they would be open to inducing me, but my chance of uterine rupture goes from 1 to 2%.  That and of course with inductions your likelihood of a c-sections goes up anyways.  But I think I would still rather try an induction to get the baby out than surgery - but the whole conversation was a bit depressing to me - probably bcs I thought I would be trying to keep the baby in (not going pre-term) not dragging her out ;)

The highlight to my week was meeting Geoff for lunch yesterday afternoon - it was such a nice day out (mid-60's) so I packed lunches for us and met him at his work. From there we ate our lunches on some benches by a pond at a park close to his work - it was such a treat to see Geoff in daylight and just to be able to hang out by ourselves.  It is really fantastic that he only works 10 minutes away.

1 comment:

  1. I was at 41 weeks when they induced me. I was hoping not to have that happen - but the ultrasound tech told me my fluid was getting low. I had them try everything under the sun before starting on Pitocin - but nothing worked very well. When they finally started the pitocin - I was on the lowest dose possible and it worked. You can do it, Kel! Good thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete