Friday, March 16, 2012

Still waiting for baby

This photo was taken around 36 hours into labor - halfway point really


So as you can derive from the lack of new baby photos - we are still waiting for the baby to make her arrival.  My due date is tomorrow and my next Dr. appt on Monday afternoon.  Geoff came with me to my last Dr. appt and everything is still great if not perfect - I am feeling really well, all my stats are perfect and she is doing well inside.  If I do not have the baby over the weekend then we need to put a plan in place for the following week.  They will let me go to 41 weeks (if everything continues to look good health-wise) and then after that they insist on helping to nudge her out.  At first I was a little disappointed to be talking about interventions, but at this stage of things I am fine with it.  Even if they need to induce me at 41 weeks I doubt it will take much for my body to pick up on things and take over on it's own.  I think an induction at 41 weeks would be much easier than an induction at 37 weeks like I had with Sam.  Sam was so not wanting to be moved, but this baby has had some extra time to bake and hopefully less begrudgingly dragged out ;)

This week sort of flew by - I had appointments all week and today is my first day without having to be someplace at sometime.  It looks like rain later so I am planning to get my walk in this morning and then do little things around the house if I fee like it.  I am pretty keen on putting away my maternity clothes - at least my "work" maternity clothes.  I will keep some more casual maternity stuff out for when I get home from hospital but so looking forward to packing those away as well and pulling out (larger) spring stuff :)

Also, as a side note, I found someone to help me with the baby starting the first week in April till the end of June.  She is a graduate student (in nursing) at a local college and was looking for part-time nanny work while she is in school.  I have her lined up to help me 4 mornings a week from April to mid-May and then 2 mornings and 2 afternoons from mid-May to end of June.  It will just be 12 hours a week of help, but huge for me to be able to shower or get some exercise.

1 comment: